Here are some images that are rare but were part of the Harbor Branch sidebar in the 150th Anniversary History Book.  The featured image is a photo of the original Harbor Precinct building before it was replaced with the shared police and fire harbor station.  It was located not far from where Harbor Branch is today on Maine Avenue, Southwest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

MPD Boat 1893

The first river patrol boat 1890

MPD boat

A sleek and fast looking patrol boat Circa 1940

sc000dfc22

On the water in 1970

Harbor Branch circa 1972

An undated photo of a police tug

Harbor Master badge

This badge was issued to the Lieutenant in charge of Harbor Branch as he was also the “Harbor Master”