Volunteer Website Manager Needed
The DC Police Memorial & Museum Project is in need of a volunteer website manager for www.dcpolice.us. Applicants should be retired members from the department. Our mission is to design, build and maintain through contributions a memorial befitting to those 121 (to date) officers who paid the ultimate sacrifice and to build and maintain a museum to educate the public of our rich and cherished history since our birth in 1861. Additional information can be found on our website.
We expect final IRS approval of our 501(c) (3) application at the end of the month. World-renowned Gensler Architect & Design Firm has begun meetings with federal and DC memorial and land usage approving agencies and developing conceptual designs and cost estimates. We anticipate significant website activity when our fund raising campaign begins. Management of the website can be done from the comfort of your home and there should be no need to attend meetings. The selected person will have access to our website designer for help, as needed, and to our Public Relations Firm. The Board has final approval authority on all matters.
This person must:
· Be web savvy and understand existing and new computer technologies;
· know how to resize images, upload video and embed code into site and social media, have comfort cutting and pasting lines of code into widget areas of the site;
· understand Facebook and other social media in terms of pasting URL posts and visibility;
· be able to work with the Board to develop and strategically implement programs that will generate interest in the website, social media and convert that interest into donations;
· have good verbal, written and proofreading skills, able to develop interesting and succinct blog posts.
Interested persons should contact Don Blake at 571-261-3472 or at email@example.com. Thank you for your consideration.